In a bid to bolster economic inclusion and empower small, minority-owned businesses in Southern Nevada, M.Y.S. Firm has launched the Diversity Certified program. This groundbreaking initiative will assist 200 such businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in attaining Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certification. This certification may open doors to lucrative government contracts, corporate procurement opportunities, and essential resources, helping enterprises to flourish in a competitive market while fostering economic growth within the community.
Unlocking Opportunities through MBE Certification
Minority-owned businesses often face unique challenges when trying to access government contracts and corporate procurement initiatives. MBE certification is a game-changer, making it easier for them to compete for these opportunities. The certification serves as proof of a business’s minority ownership, creating a level playing field and ensuring that diverse voices are heard in the marketplace.
With MBE certification, businesses gain:
- Access to Government Contracts: Government agencies at various levels prioritize working with minority-owned businesses to promote diversity and inclusion. MBE certification can help in securing these contracts.
- Corporate Procurement Initiatives: Many corporations have supplier diversity programs in place. Being MBE-certified may enhance a business’s eligibility for these programs, potentially leading to lucrative partnerships.
- Resource Access: MBE-certified businesses often gain access to resources such as mentoring, networking opportunities, and financial assistance, all of which contribute to their growth and success.
Making Certification More Accessible
The Diversity Certified program is made possible through a $1.1 million grant from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), issued by the City of Las Vegas. This grant ensures that participating businesses can access the program’s benefits at no cost.
The program offers the following support:
- Virtual Engagement: Participants will receive virtual technical assistance, ensuring they have the knowledge and tools to navigate the MBE certification process effectively.
- Financial Assistance: The program will cover MBE certification fees, further reducing the financial burden on small, minority businesses.
To qualify for the Diversity Certified program, businesses must meet specific criteria, which includes:
- Being at least 51% minority owned
- Employing 50 or fewer individuals
- Being headquartered in Southern Nevada
- Reporting gross sales of less than $1,000,000 in the previous calendar year
These criteria ensure that the program reaches those most in need and helps businesses overcome obstacles created by the pandemic.
A Stride Toward Equity
The Diversity Certified program represents a significant stride toward creating a more equitable business landscape for minority-owned enterprises. By providing crucial support and resources, it empowers these businesses to not only survive but thrive in challenging times.
Take Action Now
If you know or are a small, minority-owned business in Southern Nevada interested in learning more about or applying for the Diversity Certified program, visit the program’s website. This is your chance to unlock new opportunities, gain a competitive edge, and contribute to the economic growth of your community. Don’t miss out on this transformative initiative!